If you want the best inflatable sup in Australia, the best stand up paddle board for a woman, the best stand up paddle board for beginners, a cheap stand up paddle board or inflatable paddle board, it's best not to go to Anaconda either.
The best inflatable stand up paddle boards available in Australia is without doubt the Red Paddle Co boards. If you find a Red Paddle Co inflatable stand up paddle board for sale second hand, and you want to save some money, you should buy it. It is very rare to find one for sale. Why? Because they love them!
You can find inflatable sup boards for sale online of course. It's best if you read inflatable sup boards reviews before you think about buying one. Google the different brands with the word "review" e.g. "red paddle co inflatable review" and you will find lots of reviews (nine pages) of them on Google results. Try "Molokai SUP review" and you will be lucky to find one genuine review.
There is a very good reason why you will find Red Paddle Co boards for sale and reviewed on dozens of pages on the internet. Simply, it is because Red Paddle Co is one of the biggest and best SUP companies in the world. Huge in Europe and North America, Red Paddle Co have only relatively recently established a distributor in Australia. I am sure they will become the market leaders in Australia for recreational stand up paddle boards. Keep in mind they have a 2 year warranty as all!
Is it worth trying to find second hand stand up paddle boards for sale in Australia? If you have a limited budget and that is all you can afford it's worth it. But if you can afford a new one, buy a new one. You are much more likely to get the right board if you get good advice from a good specialist SUP dealer, (like us ;). Go to a boating, camping or fishing store by all means if you want to buy a boat or camping gear or fishing gear, but the chances of you finding a SUP expert to advise you professionally in one of those stores is very low.
Searching for stand up paddle boards for sale, or for hire, or lessons, in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, the Gold Coast or the Sunshine coast, or even in Perth can be very difficult. There are so many to choose from. That's why we always recommend finding a specialist. Some ordinary surf shops sell stand up paddle board paddle boards too. The guys in these shops are usually not experienced stand up paddle boarders and really struggle to offer expert advice. Some of the really honest guys in these stores will refer you to a specialist store like Stonker because they know that to get the right board you need the right advice.
Your height, weight age, experience and intended style of paddling (flat water, surf, race, touring etc) all needs to be taken in to account when deciding which stand up paddle board you should buy in Australia.
Some of the SUP or stand up paddle board warehouse shops are good if all you can afford is a cheap board. But be wary of the quality of the construction. They can look very good to the untrained eye, but they may not be as good as you hope they are.
You will also find stand up paddle boards for sale Gumtree. In fact, we list of a lot of our boards there. If you are looking for your first board, it can be hard to find one that is really suitable.
Here at Stonker SUP we have a good range of used SUP boards most of the time, but it does very a lot depending on the season. Close to Christmas usually all the used boards are sold. Best to come here in winter if you want a good range of boards to choose from. We always have a good range of new boards of course. Visit our store to find information about all our models.
Just in case you're an Australian customer, and you are tempted to buy a RED Paddle Co board from an online seller in the UK, because it looks cheaper, be aware that it will actually almost as much as buying locally.
Here's why -
1. The FREE freight is not free. It costs you $62.00AUD (on current exchange rates) to have it shipped outside the UK.
2. You'll pay GST before it gets delivered to you, so add on 10%
3. That's a total of $1546.00 which is $53.00 less than you will pay from us. (for a 10'6" Ride)
4. You won't get local advice and the help that a local dealer will give you.
5. You won't keep an Australian business operating and keep jobs in Australia.
6. And it will take you a couple of weeks to get it!
Support Australian jobs - buy local!
Test riding the 8'6 Stonker Stubby SUP board on the Surf Coast near Torquay, less than 30 minutes from Geelong
We had a call recently from a lady who was not quite sure what type of paddle board to buy. As always, we like to ask lots of questions of our customers to try to help them work out what the best type of paddle board is for them to buy.
It turned out that for this particular lady, a RED Inflatable stand up paddle board was going to be the best board for her. She thanked me for my time and assistance and asked the price and what came in the package. She then went about looking for the best deal she could find elsewhere.
She very nicely phoned me back to say she had found a better deal online elsewhere. I asked her to send me the link as I couldn't believe that she could get a deal in Australia for about $250.00 less than what we offer and I searched online to the best of my ability and could not find it anywhere. So I went to the website she sent me a link to.
It turned out that the website she linked to was in the UK. They have their prices in Australian dollars, and advertise free* world wide shipping. The * lead to a condition that the "free" world wide shipping did not apply to SUP boards, inflatable or otherwise. The cost to Australia was 70.00GBP or about $118.00AUD. Another thing she had not considered was that her import of a SUP board would be subject to GST, about another $130.00. So when taking all that in to account she was no better getting no better deal from the UK website than she would get from us!
Why we sell RED Paddle inflatable SUP boards.
- RED Paddle are one of the only companies who specialize in inflatables. They do the R & D – all the others try to copy but can’t.
- RED Paddle are the best! (don’t buy any other brand, just don’t, it’s not worth it, no matter how much you think you might save!)
- RED Paddle have the greatest variety of sizes and shapes available. More choice for you!
- RED Paddle are the strongest boards on the market. Recommended inflation level is 25 PSI, most others are 15 PSI). This board will outlast the others by far.
- RED Paddle honour their 12 month warranty. Peace of mind for YOU!
- RED Paddle supply the best pump on the market. Pump your board up easier and faster!
- RED Paddle have the best quality bag. Will not let you down!
- RED Paddle boards are not only the strongest they are also the lightest. Easier to carry and load in to the car.
- RED Paddle fins are virtually unbreakable. No problems for you with fins.
- RED Paddle boards are the stiffest, so therefore paddle the best.
- RED Paddle construction, called MSP Fusion is absolutely airtight. You can inflate the board once and leave it and you won’t have to pump it up again until you deflate it. Other boards deflate slowly. And it’s stiff and stronger and light. I already said that but it’s so important that it’s worth repeating!
When should you buy an inflatable SUP board and when should you buy a traditional (hard) stand up paddle board?
Each type of board has some distinct advantages over the other. Like all surfboard designs, what you gain in one area you lose in another. It's a constant game of swings and roundabouts.
The first question to ask yourself is this - Am i going to ride waves on my SUP? If you are not already a surfer, the learning curve to get to the point where you can ride seriously good waves on a SUP board is quite high. If you're not really going to surf, but instead be a recreational paddler on mostly flat water, you should think seriously about getting an inflatable board. If you want to surf, get a hard board.
Next question - do you have storage or transport problems that make a hard stand up paddle board difficult to have? Do you drive a small convertible? Do you live in an high rise apartment with no garage storage? If you answered yes to any of these questions, an inflatable SUP might be the answer to your problems.
One more question - is the cost of ownership an issue for you? e.g. if you have a hard board, you will probably "ding" it, and if you ding it you'll need to either repair it yourself or have someone like us fix it for you. The chances of you "dinging" (damaging) a good quality inflatable board are extremely low.
I hope that helps! The key thing is that you get out on the water and have a great time, and that will happen no matter what type of SUP you get. Our job is to help you get the best SUP for your lifestyle and use.